STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Register for classes for the upcoming semester (15+ credits) at Howard as if you were going to attend classes on campus- Required.
- Fill out Residence Life Departure Form HERE and inform your RA that you plan to move out to study abroad. (Not Required for summer study abroad)
- Get your passport ASAP and inquire about how to get a visa, if applicable.
- Remove all financial holds on HU account.
- Fill out the Study Abroad Budget Form HERE
- Register for the STEP Program HERE
- Apply for a travel visa IF your study abroad country requires one. Can can be done with the support of the program provider only after they provide you a program acceptance letter.
- Attend pre-departure workshops at Bunche Center (Listed Below)
- Attend the Mandatory Pre-departure Orientation in the RBC
For ALL students going abroad in the summer or fall TWO (plus the Pre-departure Orientation) of the following events will be REQUIRED Workshops
- Monday, April 16, 4-5pm, “Intercultural Competency Development- What is it? Why is it important?”
- Tues, April 17, 4-5pm “HBCU to PWI: The Inner group dynamics within the study abroad participation group”
- Weds April 18, 4-5pm “Post-Study Abroad: What will you have to show from your time abroad?”
- Thurs April 19, 4-5pm “First Time Travelers Abroad: What to Know Before You Go”
- Friday, April 20, 4-5pm “#Studyabroadsoblack: W,W,W,W,W, How are YOU part of this movement?”
- Monday, April 23, 6-7:30pm Are you an Afropolitan?
- Summer 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation – Wednesday, April 25, 6 pm- 7:00 pm.– REQUIRED
- Fall 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation- Saturday, April 21, 9:00am.– REQUIRED