- Spring Application Opening – August 20!
- Study Abroad Information Sessions Begin!- August 21, 3-4 pm.
- Welcome Back Bison Abroad Mixer– On August 23, 6pm, College Hall South Kitchen.
- This is a special event for all Bison who studied abroad, especially during the spring and summer 2018. Refreshments provided!
- Show & Tell the World: Fall Study Abroad Fair– On Sept. 6th, 2018, from 3-7 pm, Reading Room.
- RBC Student Ambassador (Bunche Brigade) Interest Meeting– Sept 10, 4-5:30 pm, RBC.
- Full STEM Ahead– Sept 28, 3:00-4:30pm. Location: First floor, RBC. Korean Fried Chicken Provided by IES Abroad!
- Financing Study Abroad– Sept. 25, 6 pm, 1st floor, RBC. Refreshments provided by CET Academics!
- Being a Black Woman Abroad– Weds, Sept. 26th, 6-8 pm. Location: First floor, RBC. Refreshments provided by AIFS!
- Being a Black Man Abroad– Tuesday, Oct. 2nd, 6-8pm. Location: First floor, RBC. Refreshments provided by AIFS!
- China and Taiwan Study Abroad Panel: Presented by the HU Chinese Club– Thursday, October 4th, 6-7pm. Location: First floor, RBC. Refreshments provided by Chinese Club!
- Study Abroad Night of Reflection– October 9, 2018, from 6:00- 8:00 pm, Location: Bunche Center, 1st Floor. Refreshments provided by CIEE!
- Spring and Summer 2018 alum will showcase what they took away from their time abroad through photos, film, writing, etc.
- Professional Development Workshop: How to formally discuss your Study Abroad Experience– Tues, Oct. 17, 5:30- 7:30pm, RBC first floor.
- Critical Language Scholarship Program Workshop – Tuesday, October 23, 3:30-4:30pm, 1st Floor RBC.
- Peace Corps Information Tabling– Tuesday, October 23, 11-2pm, Lobby RBC
- The Blues: Managing Reverse Culture Shock after Studying Abroad– Tuesday, October 23, 6 pm. Refreshments provided by CET Academics!
- How to Apply for a Passport Workshop- Wednesday, October, 24th, 4:30-5:00pm.
REMINDER: October 15th, Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Deadline.
Important: Programs often have application deadlines prior to the Howard deadline due to visa requirements. Plan accordingly.
- Teaching English Panel Discussion (tentative)– Tuesday, November 6, 4:30-6pm. Discuss teaching abroad and overview of required credentials application process and deadlines. Representatives from JET, CIEE, and Learning Enterprise will be present. Location: First floor, RBC.
- Global Mental Health: The Importance of Psychology & Study Abroad– Wednesday, November 7, 4:00-6:00pm, Bunche Center
- International Movie Night!– Thursday, November 8, 5-7:30 pm
- International Education Week! (November 13- 16)
- Lucy Moten Student Summer Study Abroad Presentations!– November 14, 3-6pm, 1st Floor, RBC
- Mindful Travelers’ Workshop Series– November 26-30, 4-5:30pm (Attendance at 2+ events required for all spring 2019 study abroad applicants)
- Spring 2019 Pre-Departure Orientation– December 1, 2018, 10-12pm, 1st Floor RBC.
- #studyabroadsoblack Scholarships recipients announced!