- Study Abroad Info Session-Bunche Brigade (BB) members/ RBC Student Staff will facilitate SA info sessions on a weekly basis, Tuesdays and Wednesday, 3-4pm, 1st floor, RBC.
- Study Abroad Summer and Fall Application Kick-Off- January 5!
- Summer Study Abroad Interest Meeting – 1/17 (Tues) 3-4pm
- Study Abroad Info Sessions Begin- 1/18 (Weds) 3-4pm.
- Welcome Back Bison Abroad Meet Up- On January 31, from 5-6pm, the RBC welcomes all fall 2017 Bison Abroad alum to come and reconnect with each other and the Bunche Center! During this event we will talk about ways to get involved on campus with the RBC, provide a calendar of upcoming Study Abroad Alum (specific) and study abroad (general) events and just catch up on your time abroad! Refreshments will be provided!
- Spring Bunche Brigade Interest Meeting– January 31, 6-7 pm. During this event, we will discuss the semester ahead for the Bunche Center/Study Abroad.
- Why Study Abroad, how to do so, and how to fund it?! – 2/7, 5-6pm.
- Fall 2017 Bison Abroad Alum Night of Reflection Video/Photo Exhibition– February 21, from 6:00- 8:00 pm. At this event see what studying abroad was like through the eyes of HU students who spent the fall 2017 semester abroad. Through photos, film, writing, etc. students will share with the HU community what living and learning outside of the US has meant to them. *
For ALL students going abroad in the summer or fall two of the following events require your participation
- Pre-Passport Drive Application Processing– 3/1.
- POSTPONED to April 12 How to incorporate your study abroad experience into your career path– March 5, 5-7pm
- Spring CIEE Co-Sponsored Passport Drive– March 7, 2017, Blackburn Center, Reading Room, 10-3pm.
- Weds, March 7, 4-5pm “First Time Travelers Abroad: What to Know Before You Go”
- Monday, April 16, 4-5pm, “Intercultural Competency Development- What is it? Why is it important?”
- Tues, April 17, 4-5pm “HBCU to PWI: The Inner group dynamics within the study abroad participation group”
- Weds April 18, 4-5pm “Post-Study Abroad: What will you have to show from your time abroad?”
- Thurs April 19, 4-5pm “First Time Travelers Abroad: What to Know Before You Go”
- Friday, April 20, 4-5pm “#Studyabroadsoblack: W,W,W,W,W, How are YOU part of this movement?”
- Monday, April 23, 6-7:30 pm “Are you an Afropolitan?”
- Summer 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation – Wednesday, April 25, 6 pm- 7:00 pm.– REQUIRED
- Fall 2018 Pre-Departure Orientation –Saturday, April 21, 9-12pm.– REQUIRED